How to drag n drop app without title bar?
Author Message
 How to drag n drop app without title bar?

Hi reader,

I am using VB 6.0. My O/S is Win 2K.
I want to make a standard application
without any title bar. I can disable the
default title bar by setting the 'BorderStyle'
property to 'None'. However, the window
is not dragable anymore. It is blocking the
application behind it.

So my question, how do I make the window
dragable without having a title bar (i.e.
I can still drag and drop the window as if
the title bar is present)?

Any function I need to overwrite? Any help
and guidance are appreciated. Thank you
in advanced. By the way, I have MSDN
January 2000 edition.

Have a nice day,
Ario Mihardja.

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:27:26 GMT
 How to drag n drop app without title bar?
On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:27:26 GMT, "Ario Mihardja"

Quote:

>Hi reader,

>I am using VB 6.0. My O/S is Win 2K.
>I want to make a standard application
>without any title bar. I can disable the
>default title bar by setting the 'BorderStyle'
>property to 'None'. However, the window
>is not dragable anymore. It is blocking the
>application behind it.

>So my question, how do I make the window
>dragable without having a title bar (i.e.
>I can still drag and drop the window as if
>the title bar is present)?

>Any function I need to overwrite? Any help
>and guidance are appreciated. Thank you
>in advanced. By the way, I have MSDN
>January 2000 edition.

>Have a nice day,
>Ario Mihardja.

You can use the same technique found in the Drag Controls demo at
http://www.mvps.org/vbvision/    Just pass the hWnd of the form
instead of a control.

HTH,
Bryan
New Vision Software            "When the going gets weird,"
Bryan Stafford                   "the weird turn pro."

Microsoft MVP-Visual Basic     Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 06:37:43 GMT

1. drag move title without title bar?

2. Title Bar and Drag/Drop

3. Dragging a form without any title bar?

4. Drag form without title bar

5. Dragging a form without a title bar: please help

6. Dragging Without a Title Bar?

7. Problem in OLE DRAG AND DROP FROM VB SOURCE APP TO VC++ TARGET APP

8. Drag drop from VB4 app to VB3 app ?

9. Change Font in title bar of mdi child/Hide title bar

10. Change Font in title bar of mdi child/Hide title bar

11. How to know when the user has moved the form by dragging the title bar

12. Dropping the Title Bar