printing a tif image with a text header/footer
Author Message
 printing a tif image with a text header/footer
I'm looking for a way to print a tif image with a header
and footer that is not on top of the image.

Any ideas appreciated.

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:05:09 GMT
 printing a tif image with a text header/footer

Quote:
> I'm looking for a way to print a tif image with a header
> and footer that is not on top of the image.

What you'd need is a component for converting the TIFF file to a DIB or
drawing it to a DC.  from there you can blit it to another DC, offset so you
have room for the header and footer sections then generate those and print
the final image.  If you don't want to look for a third party control then
you can have a crack at it yourself by heading over to
Http://www.wotsit.org/ and grabbing the file format specification.  If you
only have TIFF images coming from a single source and they're the same
overall format then it may not be too difficult at all tow rite your own
file I/O routines.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:36:59 GMT
 printing a tif image with a text header/footer
Hello Mike,

I've discovered that I can simply use the clipboard to get
the image into a picturebox.  Then as you say blit it to
another offsetting it as I go.  Since I am new to the blit
functions your response as well as a lot of other messages
here are a lot of help.

Thanks
Stephen

Quote:

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:19:13 GMT
 printing a tif image with a text header/footer

Quote:
> I've discovered that I can simply use the clipboard to get
> the image into a picturebox.  Then as you say blit it to
> another offsetting it as I go.  Since I am new to the blit
> functions your response as well as a lot of other messages
> here are a lot of help.

Blitting is no problem once you get the hang of it, if you need sample code
then head over to my site where you'll find plenty of it but probably the
best example would be the "Image zoom" demo.  Depending on what the header
and footer of the image contain then you may find the "Basic introduction to
graphics programming in VB" tutorial on the site to be handy as it will give
you a good base in graphics programming, while the APIDraw library will
simplify using the API to draw shapes with.  Any other questions then post
back here and we'll take a look for you.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:52:32 GMT

1. Selecting all text+images,etc except Header and Footer

2. How to print web content without printing the headers and footers

3. TIF image size + resolution - header description required

4. Printing custom header/footer in Outlook

5. Document.PrintOut doesn't print borders in Header / Footer

6. How to customize or suppress header and footer when printing from WebBrowser control

7. help needed: Printing with Headers, footers and rtf boxes

8. window.print() WITHOUT header and footer?

9. wants to add header and footer for printing

10. How do I: Remove Header and Footer during printing

11. print the customise header and footer when using webbrowser

12. Outlook 2000 Addin - How to add the header and footer for a print copy