Transparent color - - AVI in Picturebox
Author Message
 Transparent color - - AVI in Picturebox

I was able to play an AVI file in a PictureBox (thanks for the
help! :)), using "mciSendString()".  But I have a problem; the standard
Windows AVIs have a pink background color.  I would like to set this
color transparent, just like when they're used by Windows.

Is this possible using the MCI API?

I've been searching the web all day, trying to find something about
this.

Geir Atle Belsaas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:35:12 GMT
 Transparent color - - AVI in Picturebox

Quote:
> help! :)), using "mciSendString()".  But I have a problem; the standard
> Windows AVIs have a pink background color.  I would like to set this
> color transparent, just like when they're used by Windows.

> Is this possible using the MCI API?

I don't think MCI supports this (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).
However, if you are willing to use the API or a control you can use the
Animation window class whcih is built into win32 for this purpose.
imitations:
    AVI must have no audio
    AVI must be uncompressed or RLE compressed only

API sample for Ani control available at www.mvps.vbnet
Free control (recommended) available at www.mvps.org/ccrp
or MS Ani control in VB (not recommended ;-)

HTH,
Ray Mercer
www.shrinkwrapvb.com

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:02:09 GMT
 Transparent color - - AVI in Picturebox
Yes you can, but you must compressed the AVI using a compression that
capable of transparent mask which is like Intel Indeo 4.1 until 5.1. When
you try to render the AVI, please make sure that you check the transparent
option and the mask color. Hope is works for you.
Quote:

> I was able to play an AVI file in a PictureBox (thanks for the
> help! :)), using "mciSendString()".  But I have a problem; the standard
> Windows AVIs have a pink background color.  I would like to set this
> color transparent, just like when they're used by Windows.

> Is this possible using the MCI API?

> I've been searching the web all day, trying to find something about
> this.

> Geir Atle Belsaas

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:14:13 GMT

1. Transparent Color for Image in a PictureBox?

2. Transparent color in a picturebox???

3. Transparent color in a picturebox???

4. Transparent color in a picturebox???

5. Transparent color in a picturebox???

6. Transparent MSChart ctrl or transparent PictureBox

7. Transparent font on PictureBox, and not transparent on the printer

8. Transparent MSChart ctrl or transparent PictureBox

9. Transparent .avi Question

10. Scrolling transparent bmp over running AVI

11. Transparent AVI (VBX/DLL).

12. Transparent AVI?