Playing back MPG video files
Author Message
 Playing back MPG video files

We are getting ready to distribute software for children that relies heavily
on video. I have used the MMControl for now to play the MPG video files we
have created, but it's a little quirky and I would rather use something more
stable. I tried the Windows Media Player control at first, but found out
that we can't redistribute that (it's not listed in the redist.txt file).

Does anyone have a good way to play back MPG files that we can distribute
legally??

Thanks in advance,
-David

Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:05:24 GMT
 Playing back MPG video files
I am not sure if that is completely true, check out this link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/imedia/windowsmedia/sdk/lic_redist...
chor#1

Quote:
> I tried the Windows Media Player control at first, but found out
> that we can't redistribute that (it's not listed in the redist.txt file).

Tue, 16 Sep 2003 01:09:53 GMT
 Playing back MPG video files

Quote:
> Does anyone have a good way to play back MPG files that we can distribute
> legally??

Why not simply address the MCI directly using the mciSendString function and
specifying for example a PictureBoxes hwnd as parent window?
There would be NO component that needed redistribution.

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:49:06 GMT
 Playing back MPG video files
You can use DirectX Media, DirectShow. You can find the redistribution
package named DXMEDIA.EXE at www.microsoft.com/directx. Its free! Hopes this
helps you...

Riza

I am not sure if that is completely true, check out this link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/imedia/windowsmedia/sdk/lic_redist...
chor#1

Quote:
> I tried the Windows Media Player control at first, but found out
> that we can't redistribute that (it's not listed in the redist.txt file).

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:17:43 GMT

1. Playing back MPG video files

2. Win APIs to play mpg video files, mp3 audio files and audio cds

3. Playing MPG video files in VB 6.0

4. Play back a .mpg or .mpeg file with MCI dll

5. playing back several video files...

6. Playing MOV or MPG files...

7. Converting quicktime video files to .avi files to play in Visual Basic

8. Video (.AVI or .MPG) playbackproblem

9. Video, playing mpeg's and changing video height

10. MCI-can it play .mov or .mpg

11. Playing AVI/MPG in VB

12. Playing an AVI/MPG