Enable / Disable window refresh
Author Message
 Enable / Disable window refresh

How can I enable/disable window refresh?
I need to disable a window and all of it's components refreshment, and
then be able to enable the refreshment.
The number of components are different from each form, is there an easy
way of doing this?
--
//Michael

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Enable / Disable window refresh

Quote:

>How can I enable/disable window refresh?
>I need to disable a window and all of it's components refreshment, and
>then be able to enable the refreshment.
>The number of components are different from each form, is there an easy

Try with LockWindowUpdate API.
Hope this helps.

Oleg Vojvodic
Stinga
http://www.stinga.com/components.asp

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Enable / Disable window refresh
You may use the API function:
Declare Function LockWindowUpdate Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd&) As Long

When providing an handle for a form the refresh for it and all the objects
inside of it will be frozen. To release (enabled) it just call the same
function but with 0 (zero) instead of an handle.
You may only have ONE window frozen at a time. The next time you call this
funtion with another handle nothing will happen.
If you want to prevent the refresh of several controls in more than one
form you may use:
    Declare Function GetDesktopWindow Lib "user32" () As Long
which return that handle for all the desktop area.
Hope it helps.

Pedro Ivo Faria
Portugal

Quote:
> How can I enable/disable window refresh?
> I need to disable a window and all of it's components refreshment, and
> then be able to enable the refreshment.
> The number of components are different from each form, is there an easy
> way of doing this?
> --
> //Michael

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Enable/Disable the Database Window

2. Removing the [ENABLE MACROS] [DISABLE MACROS] popup window

3. Enable/Disable Windows Forms Controls

4. Disable/Enable a NIC in Windows 2000

5. Enable/Disable user controls in Windows Form

6. Disable/Enable a NIC in Windows 2000

7. Enable and Disable Windows

8. Disable/Enable a NIC in Windows 2000

9. disabling the DISABLE/ENABLE macros menu on opening spreadsheet

10. disable the enable/disable macro message

11. Disable/enable insert key with code?

12. Enable/Disable Users