Sub Color2Gray(Icon as Picture) as Picture ???
Author Message
 Sub Color2Gray(Icon as Picture) as Picture ???

Good morning,
I am looking for VB5 code that converts a 16-(256-)color Bitmap to a
grayscale-bitmap.
I appreciate any hint.
Thank you in advance.
Jrgen HEYN, Wilhelmshaven, Germany

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Sub Color2Gray(Icon as Picture) as Picture ???
Jim Deutch posts this here and on the msnews server on a regular basis

Just do a search for it.
Hint: THREAD TITLE = "How do I convert BMP images to 8 bit grayscale format"

here is the gist:
GrayScale = (77*R + 150*G + 28*B)/255

Hope this helps,
--
Ray Mercer
MS-MVP Visual Basic

Quote:

> Good morning,
> I am looking for VB5 code that converts a 16-(256-)color Bitmap to a
> grayscale-bitmap.
> I appreciate any hint.
> Thank you in advance.
> Jgen HEYN, Wilhelmshaven, Germany

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using a picture box picture as the mouse icon

2. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

3. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

4. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

5. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

6. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

7. removing system tray icon without a icon picture.

8. Insert a picture on sub-menu of standard bar

9. Replacing a pictures properties with another pictures properties

10. convert embedded pictures to linked pictures??

11. Pasting a picture/Formatting a picture

12. Moving Pictures?!!!!!!!!! Need help to move a picture