Button-Down effect
Author Message
 Button-Down effect

Hello All,
    What I am trying to do is this:  I have a database oriented programming
language (Unisys' "Mapper") with a very ugly GUI and I've been using Visual
Basic to make the user interface more attractive and user-friendly.  What I
am wanting to do now is this, there is a toolbar on this Mapper program that
has 25X25 butons on it.  They are just flat-looking buttons and what I want
to do is, whenever a user clicks on one of the buttons, my VB program will
detect this mouse event somehow and draw a box around the button, two white
lines and two black lines, to give it the look that it's been pressed
down...  I don't know if I'm even going the right direction trying to use
API or not, but any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please E-Mail any

been having problems reading messages in these newsgroups.  Specifically
what I need to know how to do is detect the mouse event (I know the button's
hWnd) and how to draw a box around the image...

Thank you very much, your help is greatly appreciated!
Jeremy...

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Button-Down effect

2. Toggle Button Effect on Tollbar Button

3. Toggle Button Effect on Toolbar Button

4. Drop down effect

5. Drill down effect

6. Simulate effect when shuting down windows

7. Is there a drop down regular command button, not active buttons

8. GETTING RID OF 3D EFFECT ON BUTTONS

9. OnMouseover effects with Button DTC

10. Button Effect

11. DBCombo and Masked Edit effects on Default Button

12. DBCombo and Masked Edit effects on Default Button