Large font
Author Message
 Large font

I had a form with a draw in background ( Form.picture) and some picture
controls on the form, when I run the program on computer with Large Font
all picture control aren't in their original position. Same res and colors.
Any help ?

TIA
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adriano Ghezzi

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Large font
The problem you are experiencing is caused by the fact that Bitmaps are
fixed size i.e., 200x100 pixels while forms are measured in twips and their
size is adjusted automatically by Windows to accomodate the user-selectable
font-size.
There are a couple of ways to deal with this:
1. use stretchblit() instead of bitblit() and blit your bitmaps to the
necessary size determined at runtime.
2. resize your forms and controls at runtime to fit your bitmaps (this will
probably cause fonts in things like Textboxes to not fit correctly
3. reposition your controls at runtime using relative positions.  For
example, textbox1.left might be 10% of form1.scalewidth.

HTH,
Ray Mercer
http://macnica.co.jp

Quote:

>I had a form with a draw in background ( Form.picture) and some picture
>controls on the form, when I run the program on computer with Large Font
>all picture control aren't in their original position. Same res and colors.
>Any help ?

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Large font and small font problem

2. from Small Font to Large Font

3. Large Font vs Small Font

4. problem small fonts/large fonts

5. Small fonts vs. large fonts

6. small font to large font

7. small fonts to large fonts

8. Small Fonts/Large Fonts?

9. Problem when moving from Small Font to Large Font

10. An annoying problem: small fonts/large fonts

11. large fonts small fonts q?

12. Large Fonts and Small Fonts problems