Overlaying text onto a graphic and saving as graphic
Author Message
 Overlaying text onto a graphic and saving as graphic

Is there any way to take an image, extend the canvas width and overlay some
text onto the newly created portion of the canvas and then save the whole
thing back as a .gif file?  It's a web-postcard application without having
to store the text in a database.

I see Adobe Photoshop classes in my object browser, can I use any of those
methods to do this?

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Overlaying text onto a graphic and saving as graphic
Check out ImgSource at SmallerAnimals.com

Also, realize that you will need to contact Unisys and pay them royalties if
you sell an application that uses GIF.

Quote:

> Is there any way to take an image, extend the canvas width and overlay
some
> text onto the newly created portion of the canvas and then save the whole
> thing back as a .gif file?  It's a web-postcard application without having
> to store the text in a database.

> I see Adobe Photoshop classes in my object browser, can I use any of those
> methods to do this?

Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Overlaying text onto a graphic and saving as graphic
Create a DIB of the new size you want.

Blit the original image to the DIB.

Use GDI to draw to the new space.

Save the DIB.

But not as a GIF, write PNG or JPG.

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pasting text onto Graphic

2. Saving graphics objects to an standard graphics file

3. Overlaying graphics in VB

4. How to overlay graphics on text/graphics

5. Saving Text Over a Graphic

6. Graphics onto a userform ?

7. overlaying a transparent image onto a picture box

8. graphics filter to convert array(x,y) to standard graphics

9. Graphic example - 'smart' connected graphic objects

10. Graphic example - 'smart' connected graphic objects

11. Printing text and graphics: text appears completely black

12. Saving Charts in some graphics format