jpeg file in byte array --> Picture object
Author Message
 jpeg file in byte array --> Picture object

I have the contents of a jpeg file in a byte array (I don't have the file
itself; I use the Internet Transfer Control to get the data into the byte
array.  Can't write a binary file and then LoadPicture from VB Script, so
forget using a file.)  I want to somehow get this data into a Picture
object. How can I do this?

        adTHANKSvance,

        Dan

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 jpeg file in byte array --> Picture object

may i know how to get the jpeg's contents into array?
thank you

Quote:
> I have the contents of a jpeg file in a byte array (I don't have the file
> itself; I use the Internet Transfer Control to get the data into the byte
> array.  Can't write a binary file and then LoadPicture from VB Script, so
> forget using a file.)  I want to somehow get this data into a Picture
> object. How can I do this?

>    adTHANKSvance,

>    Dan

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 jpeg file in byte array --> Picture object

Quote:

> I have the contents of a jpeg file in a byte array (I don't have the file
> itself; I use the Internet Transfer Control to get the data into the byte
> array.  Can't write a binary file and then LoadPicture from VB Script, so
> forget using a file.)  I want to somehow get this data into a Picture
> object. How can I do this?

>         adTHANKSvance,

>         Dan

I am trying to do a similar thing - read an array of pixels from a CCD
camera and end up with a bitmap in a Picture object or Picture Box
control. I have not yet figured it out but I think I'll have to use API
calls such as CreateBitmap() to create a bitmap in memory from the pixel
array, then SelectObject() to select the newly created bitmap into the
Picture Box. With jpeg I think you are in for more difficulties because
of the compression.

Peter G. Aitken

Sun, 14 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. jpeg file in byte array --> Picture object

2. jpeg file in byte array --> Picture object

3. Byte Array to Picture Object

4. create picture object from a byte array directly

5. Byte Array to Picture Object

6. HTML -> Picture (Jpeg)

7. HTML -> Picture (Jpeg)

8. HTML -> Picture (Jpeg)

9. Need to convert a 16 byte array of bytes to 4 byte integer

10. Copy picture: Clipboard -> Picture object

11. VB Byte Array -> Jet

12. Newbie question. single->byte array