API Graphics books
Author Message
 API Graphics books

Anyone know where to find and optain a book(s) on ising the RECT and RGN api
calls?

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 20:47:20 GMT
 API Graphics books

Quote:
> Anyone know where to find and optain a book(s) on ising the RECT and RGN
api
> calls?

I doubt you'll find many books on this, but Feng Yuan's "Windows Graphics
Programming" book is a good overall resource for GDI programming but it's in
C++.  The MSDN is also a good resource (Again in C++ though...), and you'll
find in-depth documentation of the region API's here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdi/regions_7ab7.asp
I'm not sure what you mean by RECT since it's just a type however there are
numerous API calls that work with the type such as SetRect(),
GetWindowRect(), FillRect(), InflateRect() etc, again the MSDN will document
all these.  Http://www.AllAPI.net/ has some information and VB samples for a
lot of these API's.
If you have specific questions then post back here and we'll take a look,
it's a bit of a broad subject to go into much detail without writing pages
though..
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:01:00 GMT

1. Can someone recommend a good VB API graphics book?

2. Graphics book?

3. Found a Great VB Graphics Book!

4. Book recs for vb graphics programming

5. good VB graphics book

6. need a good book on VB graphics

7. New WING GRAPHICS BOOK MUST READ!!

8. What's a good book for graphics?

9. VB Graphics Programming Books

10. good VB graphics book

11. Book about graphics programming

12. VB Graphic Books or Online Reference?