Capturing Ctrl+Alt+Del
Author Message
 Capturing Ctrl+Alt+Del

Hi,

        I am writing a VB interface so that an user does not have access to the
desktop. To do this i need to capture Ctrl+Alt+Del event. Does anyone
know how this event can be Captured under Windows95 and WindowsNT (is
there a way so that when user presses Ctrl+Alt+Del the windows system
does not get the NT Security dialog box). Any help in this matter is
graely appreciated.

thanx
-Prasad

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Capturing Ctrl+Alt+Del

Hi,

Ken Swinney posted this as a reply to a similar Q :

: You may not be able to hide it from the task list, but if you really want
: to take over the machine, you can fool windows into thinking it's running
: screen saver.  Then it won't even let you bring up the task window (or
: Alt+Tab, or Alt+Esc, Ctl+Alt+Del, etc.).
:
: If you want a kiosk-type app, that's the best way to do it.  The code is:
:
: Private Const SPI_SCREENSAVERRUNNING = 97
: Private Declare Function SystemParametersInfo Lib "user32" Alias
: "SystemParametersInfoA" (ByVal uAction As Long, ByVal uParam As Long,
: lpvParam As Any, ByVal fuWinIni As Long) As Long
:
:         lResult& = SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SCREENSAVERRUNNING, True, 0,
0)
:
: That will disable the ability to leave your app and{*filter*}with the
machine.
:
: HTH,
:
: Ken.

Quote:
> Hi,

>    I am writing a VB interface so that an user does not have access to the
> desktop. To do this i need to capture Ctrl+Alt+Del event. Does anyone
> know how this event can be Captured under Windows95 and WindowsNT (is
> there a way so that when user presses Ctrl+Alt+Del the windows system
> does not get the NT Security dialog box). Any help in this matter is
> graely appreciated.

> thanx
> -Prasad

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Capturing Ctrl+Alt+Del

Quote:

>    I am writing a VB interface so that an user does not have access to the
>desktop. To do this i need to capture Ctrl+Alt+Del event. Does anyone
>know how this event can be Captured under Windows95 and WindowsNT (is
>there a way so that when user presses Ctrl+Alt+Del the windows system
>does not get the NT Security dialog box). Any help in this matter is
>graely appreciated.

See here:

How To Block CTRL+ALT+DEL and ALT+TAB in Windows 95 in VB
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q154/8/68.asp

How To Block CTRL+ALT+DEL and ALT+TAB in Windows 95
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q161/1/33.asp

So long,
Beat

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Capturing Ctrl-Alt-Del

2. Capturing Ctrl+Alt+Del

3. Capturing CTRL ALT DEL

4. Capturing Ctrl-Alt-Del

5. Capturing CTRL ALT DEL

6. Capturing CTRL ALT DEL

7. Disable (Ctrl+Alt+Del),(Ctrl+Esc),(Alt+Tab) in NT

8. Disable ctrl+esc ctrl+alt+del alt+tab

9. Block System Key like ALT+TAB, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Ctrl+Esc key

10. Disable (Ctrl+Alt+Del),(Ctrl+Esc),(Alt+Tab) in NT

11. Trapping CTRL+BREAK and CTRL+ALT+DEL

12. Trapping Ctrl/Alt/Del + Ctrl/Pause