Open With dialog API call
Author Message
 Open With dialog API call

With wich API call can I get the "Open With" dialog started that usually
shows up when you double click a file with a file extension that isn't
associated with a program?

Thanks in Advance
Harry

Fri, 12 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Open With dialog API call

The call is as follows:
%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe
%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL %1

%SystemRoot% is your windows directory
%1 is the file you wish to open

If you find out any other calls to the shell32.dll, let me know.

thx,
JAW

Quote:
>With wich API call can I get the "Open With" dialog started that usually
>shows up when you double click a file with a file extension that isn't
>associated with a program?

>Thanks in Advance
>Harry

Sun, 21 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to call Open File and Save As dialog box API from VB

2. Calling File Open Dialog from VBA Attachments

3. call file open dialog

4. Calling up a dialog box to Open a file

5. How can I call the Win-Open/Close Dialog

6. Call back procedure for open file common dialog (VB5)

7. can you call window.open from modal dialog?

8. Call back procedure for open file common dialog (VB5)

9. How to call the Explorer Open With dialog box

10. Call back procedure for open file common dialog (VB5)

11. Using VBA to call API (common dialogs)

12. CommonDialogs or API for Open file dialog