Changing default printer/properties in NT?
Author Message
 Changing default printer/properties in NT?

Hello,

I want to try to change default printer, and afterwards change properties
(papersize). I found a registry setting called Default DevMode where
these properties can be set, but it's actually a hex dump. Nice to see
that this registry setting is not documented in the resource kit!!

I know all of this can be handled via the printer object in vb, but I am
developing an application via OLE Automation, and what to print something
from this application. Problem is that I need to set the printing
properties in that application, so the printer object will not do it. I
need to change the default system printer, change the properties over
here, and afterwards I need to set all stuff back.

Who can help?

Mon, 13 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing default printer/properties in NT?

2. Changing Printers property reset printer to Windows default printer

3. Macro to change default printer and then restore original default printer settin

4. Changing Default Printer on NT Breaks 16-bit apps

5. change default printer orientation in NT??

6. Changing Default Printer Properties

7. Changing printer default properties

8. How to change default printer's Property.

9. How to change Printer Properties w/ NWClient32 on NT

10. Printing to printer other than default printer using NT

11. Macro that selects printer and prints doc also changes default printer

12. Problem setting the active printer of Word 97 without changing the Windows default printer