Obtaining windows bitmap when window is minimized and or not active
Author Message
 Obtaining windows bitmap when window is minimized and or not active

Is there a way to obtain a bitmap for a window that is minimized or
otherwise out of focus?  I've tried almost every technique posted on
the various message boards using the hDC and desktop DC.  These
methods work great when the window I need to capture is in focus, but
when a window is minimized, I simply get a bitmap of whatever
currently is showing where the window would be if it were in focus.  I
need to obtain many bitmaps from multiple windows and flashing them
every few seconds with appactivate works but seems to be resource
intesive (not scalable) and ugly to watch.  I don't think I can
subclass the windows because they are seperate apps (CITRIX clients)in
different threads.

All I need is to get an Hdc of the above bitmap so I can send it to an
OCR object.  I figure that the underlying bitmap information must
exist somewhere, even when not on the screen.  I just need to know
where.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been wrestling with
this issue for days.

Thanks,

Steve

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 00:42:51 GMT
 Obtaining windows bitmap when window is minimized and or not active
actually, afaik: if it isn't on the screen, the bitmap information just
doesn't exist. windows asks the applications to redraw themselves whenever
it's necessary...

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 05:43:52 GMT

1. Obtaining a list of active (open) windows

2. API call ro restore a minimized active window

3. Hiding windows when minimizing modal windows

4. making a minimized window to the topmost window

5. Making Modal Window Minimize Like a Non-Modal Window

6. Minimize but not close a window

7. Window not minimizing to taksbar.

8. Check, if a window is not minimized.

9. Force Excel Window to be Active Window

10. Make a window the foreground and active window for the user

11. GetObject() not making word window active

12. Messagebox appears in not active IE window