Print to non-default printer
Author Message
 Print to non-default printer

Hi,

I am having a problem in printing to a printer (actually I am sending ASCII
strings) which is not a Windows Default printer.

I tried to change the default printer within the code, but actually it
couldn't work. (sending strings)

the command I use (and may not have much choice) is

printer.print ascii_string_variable

It happens like this - the moment control goes to this like, the default
printer again becomes the Windows Printer! I found out one more thing that
if I quit the application and run again, then the default printer is
changed and then I can print. (just like a notepad document does not
recognize the changed default printer...)

I would appreciate help on this. Please send me mails at -

thanks.

Anand.

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Print to non-default printer
What version of VB are your using?  VB5?  with or without service pack.
This sounds like an old VB5 problem.
Quote:

>Hi,

>I am having a problem in printing to a printer (actually I am sending ASCII
>strings) which is not a Windows Default printer.

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Print to non-default printer
Yes, I am using VB5. Please help me if you can...I guess its without
service pack. Coz we bought the Enterprise Studio 97 in Jan 98, but I can't
remember that I have installed a service pack, neither I remember that I
have seen anything like that.

thanks,

Anand K.

[...]

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Printing report on non-default printer w/o user selecting printer

2. Printer.Print on non-default printer

3. printer default to non-default printer

4. How selecting a (non-default) printer for printing a report

5. Printing to non-default printer

6. How do I Print to non-default printer in VB5

7. Printing to non-default printer

8. printing to non-default printer

9. Help w/ printing to non-default printer

10. Print on a non-default printer

11. Macro that selects printer and prints doc also changes default printer

12. Printing to a printer that is NOT the default printer