Printing Directly
Author Message
 Printing Directly

Hi,

Does anybody know how to print _straight_ to LPT1 in VB4 Win?
Eg. without going via Win95's spooling system.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew
cgl <at> globalnet.co.uk

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Directly

I had a similar need since I wanted to send control strings
to a printer.   What I did was install a generic text printer
driver for the printer and then used standard print statements
such as:

Printer.Print "Blah, Blah..."

This might work for your needs.

Good luck

Dean

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Directly

In Windows 95, you can open the LPT port for binary access and just send
stuff to it.  You might, for example, want to send a PRN file to use in a
printer demo program as I did.  I found the answer in the Microsoft
Knowledge Base article "Three ways to send preformatted files directly to
LPT1".

Any use?

Mick

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing directly to printer w/o using Print Manager

2. Print directly to the printer

3. print directly to win2k printer share?

4. Printing Directly to Printer

5. Is anyone knows how to print directly to Com1

6. Printing directly from a module

7. Printing directly from a module

8. Print directly from VBA

9. Printing directly from code

10. Printing directly to a printer

11. How to print directly to printer?

12. Printing directly to a printer from VB.