Run backround application without being listed among the applications of the windows task manger
Author Message
 Run backround application without being listed among the applications of the windows task manger

Quote:
>Hi all,
>I want to run my vb_application in the background without being listed among
>the applications (not processes) in the windows NT task manger.
>I want it to be recognized as aprocess and not as an application.
>Is that possible??
>Thanx in advance
>Sidibou

If your application doesn't have any forms, you can just set the App.TaskVisible = false
and it will not show up in the TM.

Regards,

Gregory Silvano
http://www.*-*-*.com/
Free Internet Search Engine for VB Developers

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Run backround application without being listed among the applications of the windows task manger
Hi all,
my Application has a form but it is alway hidden: I use Sub Main and other
procedures. I have made this form because I need a Timer (and a list).
App.TaskVisible = False has although solved the problem.
Thanks for your help.
Regards Sidibou

Quote:
> On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 00:39:20 +0200, "Sidibou"

Quote:

> >Hi all,
> >I want to run my vb_application in the background without being listed
among
> >the applications (not processes) in the windows NT task manger.
> >I want it to be recognized as aprocess and not as an application.
> >Is that possible??
> >Thanx in advance
> >Sidibou

> If your application doesn't have any forms, you can just set the

App.TaskVisible = false

> and it will not show up in the TM.

> Regards,

> Gregory Silvano
> http://www.codehound.com
> Free Internet Search Engine for VB Developers

Wed, 02 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run backround application without being listed among the applications of the windows task manger

2. Excel won't Run without VBA Lib Application and Timer Driver

3. Sharing classes among various applications

4. Communicating Among OFFXP Applications

5. How to switch among runing applications on WinNT

6. Running a VB4 application accessing JET DB without installation (from CD-ROM)

7. Run an application without any DLL files ???

8. How to know if an application his still running without giving it the focus

9. How to know if an application his still running without giving it the focus

10. Fooling Windows to keep application running without focus

11. Running a VB4 application accessing JET DB without installation (from CD-ROM)

12. Running an application without DX installed