How to reduce number of window buttons in systray
Author Message
 How to reduce number of window buttons in systray

My app sometimes has several windows open and each one results in a sys tray
button. Can I hide all or better only some of them?

Thanks,

Reinhold

Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:33:05 GMT
 How to reduce number of window buttons in systray
Do you really mean systray, or is it taskbar you mean? You are responsible
for placing icons into the systray area, so only your main form should call
the routine to do this.

For the taskbar, each form with a style of 1 or 2 will appear in the
taskbar. Select a different window style.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

Take the vb.net poll at:
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

: My app sometimes has several windows open and each one results in a sys
tray
: button. Can I hide all or better only some of them?
:
: Thanks,
:
: Reinhold
:
:

Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:32:30 GMT
 How to reduce number of window buttons in systray
Actually, starting with VB6 you can control whether the form appears in the
taskbar regardless of the window style.  Simply set the ShowInTaskbar
property of the form.

Robert Gelb
www.vbRad.com
Source, Tips, Tricks, Components

Quote:
> Do you really mean systray, or is it taskbar you mean? You are responsible
> for placing icons into the systray area, so only your main form should
call
> the routine to do this.

> For the taskbar, each form with a style of 1 or 2 will appear in the
> taskbar. Select a different window style.

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic

> Take the vb.net poll at:
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

> : My app sometimes has several windows open and each one results in a sys
> tray
> : button. Can I hide all or better only some of them?
> :
> : Thanks,
> :
> : Reinhold
> :
> :

Thu, 12 Jun 2003 02:37:29 GMT
 How to reduce number of window buttons in systray
<g> Correct of course ... just never needed it.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

Take the vb.net poll at:
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

: Actually, starting with VB6 you can control whether the form appears in
the
: taskbar regardless of the window style.  Simply set the ShowInTaskbar
: property of the form.
:
: Robert Gelb
: www.vbRad.com
: Source, Tips, Tricks, Components
:

: > Do you really mean systray, or is it taskbar you mean? You are
responsible
: > for placing icons into the systray area, so only your main form should
: call
: > the routine to do this.
: >
: > For the taskbar, each form with a style of 1 or 2 will appear in the
: > taskbar. Select a different window style.
:
:
:
: >
: > --
: >
: > Randy Birch
: > MVP Visual Basic
: >
: > Take the vb.net poll at:
: > http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
: > http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/
: >
: >
: >

: > : My app sometimes has several windows open and each one results in a
sys
: > tray
: > : button. Can I hide all or better only some of them?
: > :
: > : Thanks,
: > :
: > : Reinhold
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Thu, 12 Jun 2003 05:17:07 GMT

1. How to get a reduced number of rows

2. How to get a reduced number of rows

3. SysTray Advanced ( not basic icon 2 systray stuff )

4. Systray ActiveX for windows .vbs

5. Restoring window from Systray Problem

6. restore window from systray in vbscript?

7. Utilizing the Windows systray balloon text for scripts

8. Systray ActiveX for windows .vbs

9. adding/removing systray icons with windows scripting host.

10. disable X button on a windows NT window

11. disable X button on a windows NT window

12. Closing a window from a button on another window