Get Domain workstations
Author Message
 Get Domain workstations

How can I get what workstations available in specific domain using Visual
Basic Code?

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Get Domain workstations
Look at the NetServerEnum example at
http://www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode/winnt.htm

HTH, Paul
--
Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
SVi Retail Systems

Quote:
> How can I get what workstations available in specific domain using Visual
> Basic Code?

> --

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Get Domain workstations
True--but an example/link would have been nice. ;)  There is a complete
example at http://www.microsoft.com/intlkb/GERMANY/SUPPORT/KB/D34/D34363.HTM

Even though the article is in German (as are the comments and screen
captions), the code is understandable and nearly complete (if you add Option
Explicit to the top of the form you'll get a number of errors but they are
easy to correct).

HTH, Paul
--
Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
SVi Retail Systems
San Diego, CA

Quote:
> Which will not help very much for Win9x, will it? I think WNetEnumResource
> is a better choice if you need it to work on all platforms....

> --
> MichKa
> "Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, thats life..."  -- The Verve

> random junk of dubious value, at the multilingual,
> no scripts required, http://www.trigeminal.com/

> > Look at the NetServerEnum example at
> > http://www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode/winnt.htm

> > HTH, Paul
> > --
> > Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
> > SVi Retail Systems
> > San Diego, CA

> > > How can I get what workstations available in specific domain using
> Visual
> > > Basic Code?

> > > --

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Get Domain workstations
Well, I wrote some code a while back that ended up in the VB Language
Developer's Handbook that uses the API, and works on all operating
systems... see http://www.developershandbook.com for more info on that
book....

--
MichKa
"Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, thats life..."  -- The Verve

random junk of dubious value, at the multilingual,
no scripts required, http://www.trigeminal.com/

Quote:
> True--but an example/link would have been nice. ;)  There is a complete
> example at

http://www.microsoft.com/intlkb/GERMANY/SUPPORT/KB/D34/D34363.HTM
Quote:

> Even though the article is in German (as are the comments and screen
> captions), the code is understandable and nearly complete (if you add
Option
> Explicit to the top of the form you'll get a number of errors but they are
> easy to correct).

> HTH, Paul
> --
> Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
> SVi Retail Systems
> San Diego, CA

wrote

> > Which will not help very much for Win9x, will it? I think
WNetEnumResource
> > is a better choice if you need it to work on all platforms....

> > --
> > MichKa
> > "Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, thats life..."  -- The Verve

> > random junk of dubious value, at the multilingual,
> > no scripts required, http://www.trigeminal.com/

> > > Look at the NetServerEnum example at
> > > http://www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode/winnt.htm

> > > HTH, Paul
> > > --
> > > Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
> > > SVi Retail Systems
> > > San Diego, CA

> > Visual

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. domain pruefen domain provider es domain registrieren domain angebot no domain

2. Getting domain name of parent domain

3. domaene sichern de tc domain domain registrieren preisvergleich kostenlose toplevel domain de domain preis

4. plesk domain anmeldung domaene langsam anmeldung an domain de domain kaufen domain suchen

5. broadcast a net message to all workstation in a domain

6. Joining Local Workstation To Domain

7. Retrieve the domain of a workstation

8. How to connect to a NT domain from an NT/W2k workstation

9. Joining Local Workstation To Domain

10. Adding a workstation to a Domain

11. getting users name and workstation name Urgent

12. Getting list of workstations in VB5