GetModuleHandle doesn't work in VB 4.0 32-bit
Author Message
 GetModuleHandle doesn't work in VB 4.0 32-bit

I am in the process of converting VB 3.0 applications to VB 4.0 32-bit
applications and noticed that GetModuleHandle does not return the handle
for the active VB applications running in Windows 95.  Does anyone have any
ideas on a different Win95 API to use or a way to find out what
applications are currently running?

Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 GetModuleHandle doesn't work in VB 4.0 32-bit

This is a common one,

The 32 Bit windows environment cannot return the module  information as the
security of the process prevents it. Else where within the news group I
wrote a response to a couple of people on how to use the Process API's to
perform the same task as what you would do with module handles.

There are also some good developer network articles about it.

Regards

Jonathan Dell

Quote:
> I am in the process of converting VB 3.0 applications to VB 4.0 32-bit
> applications and noticed that GetModuleHandle does not return the handle
> for the active VB applications running in Windows 95.  Does anyone have
any
> ideas on a different Win95 API to use or a way to find out what
> applications are currently running?

Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CARDS.DLL 16 Bit doesn't work on VB 4.0 32 Bit

2. CARDS.DLL 16 Bit doesn't work on VB 4.0 32 Bit

3. CARDS.DLL 16 Bit doesn't work on VB 4.0 32 Bit

4. CARDS.DLL 16 Bit doesn't work on VB 4.0 32 Bit

5. CARDS.DLL doesn't work on VB 4.0 32 Bit

6. CARDS.DLL doesn't work on VB 4.0 32 Bit

7. CARDS.DLL doesn't work with VB 4.0 32 Bit

8. CARDS.DLL doesn't work on VB 4.0 32 Bit

9. CARDS.DLL doesn't work with VB 4.0 32 Bit

10. CARDS.DLL doesn't work with VB 4.0 32 Bit

11. CARDS.DLL doesn't work with VB 4.0 32 Bit

12. Russian(Cyrillic): vb4 32-bit works, but vb4 16-bit doesn't