FindFirstChangeNotification not working on remote folder
Author Message
 FindFirstChangeNotification not working on remote folder

The following code notifies my app when a file is created in strFolder:

        lngWatchHandle = FindFirstChangeNotification(strFolder, False,
FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_LAST_WRITE)
        Do
            lngTemp = WaitForSingleObject(lngWatchHandle, 100)
            DoEvents
        Loop While lngTemp <> 0

It is successful when strFolder = "C:\FOLDER"
but unsuccessful when strFolder = "W:\FOLDER" or "\\SERVER\VOL\FOLDER"

Does anyone know why this is?  My OS is Win95, network is Netware 4.15

Thanks,
Drew

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FindFirstChangeNotification not working on remote folder
I believe the problem is that this API relies on system level services
between Windows machines, and will not work when interrupted by a Netware
network. It will work across a normal NT network.

--

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

VBnet, The Visual Basic Developers Resource Centre
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet

Common Controls Replacement Project Member
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp

:The following code notifies my app when a file is created in strFolder:
:
:        lngWatchHandle = FindFirstChangeNotification(strFolder, False,
:FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_LAST_WRITE)
:        Do
:            lngTemp = WaitForSingleObject(lngWatchHandle, 100)
:            DoEvents
:        Loop While lngTemp <> 0
:
:It is successful when strFolder = "C:\FOLDER"
:but unsuccessful when strFolder = "W:\FOLDER" or "\\SERVER\VOL\FOLDER"
:
:Does anyone know why this is?  My OS is Win95, network is Netware 4.15
:
:Thanks,
:Drew

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Works local but not remote?

2. ASP works on Personal Web Server, but not on remote server

3. Remote Scripting Not Working

4. VB server/client remote component not working - Please Help

5. First VB server/client remote component not working

6. VB server/client remote component not working - Please Help

7. First VB server/client remote component not working

8. VB server/client remote component not working - Please Help

9. First VB server/client remote component not working

10. Remote connection is not working

11. How to delete folders/files within a folder but not the folder itself

12. Moving local folder system to remote ftp folder