How Do I Play an AVI from a RES?
Author Message
 How Do I Play an AVI from a RES?

Does anyone know how to play an AVI file compiled into an RES file?

I have looked at the MS Animation control and it want's a file name to open
not a binary string like I can pull from the resource file using
LoadResData.

I have stumbled across a Win32 message ACM_OPEN that looks hopeful but I
haven't figured out what to do with it yet.  The MSDN VC++ documentation for
BOOL Animate_Open (hwnd,lpszName) specifically states that an "AVI resource
identifier" may be used but I'm not a C++ coder so I'm clueless to what they
are talking about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

David

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How Do I Play an AVI from a RES?

>Does anyone know how to play an AVI file compiled into an RES file?

>I have looked at the MS Animation control and it want's a file name to open
>not a binary string like I can pull from the resource file using
>LoadResData.

>I have stumbled across a Win32 message ACM_OPEN that looks hopeful but I
>haven't figured out what to do with it yet.  The MSDN VC++ documentation
for
>BOOL Animate_Open (hwnd,lpszName) specifically states that an "AVI resource
>identifier" may be used but I'm not a C++ coder so I'm clueless to what
they
>are talking about.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Download the freeware CCRP Animation Control from
http://www.zeode-sd.com/ccrp. It will allow you to load an AVI resource and
a tutorial on doing this is included.

HTH,

Jeremy Adams

CCRP: http://www.zeode-sd.com/ccrp

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Playing avi from res

2. How play .AVI in VB4 using .RES file

3. How can I play an .AVI file that is compiled in a .RES file

4. VB4/Win95-HELP: MMcontrol.OCX doesn't issue a DONE event after playing AVI

5. *avi play rate and continuous play

6. Help:: Put .avi in .res

7. Q:getting res of an avi or mov file

8. Avi and Res

9. Syntax: Loading AVI from RES file

10. Play Wave file from Res File

11. Playing .wav data in a resource (.res) file?

12. Playing a Midi from a Res file