Minimize an SDI -Form when minimizing an other...
Author Message
 Minimize an SDI -Form when minimizing an other...

Hi Everyone

I'm writting a program which has two SDI - Forms.
I'm now trying to write the code for the following situation.
If the "Master"-Form becomes minimized (on the minimize Button), the second
Form should become minimized, too.

Has someone any suggestions to write this ?

Thanks in advance
Stefan
--

Sun, 28 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Minimize an SDI -Form when minimizing an other...

How about checking the "master" form's resize event and if its WindowState
= vbMinimized then set the second form's WindowState = vbMinimized
--
Karl Westberg, MCPS

Quote:
> Hi Everyone

> I'm writting a program which has two SDI - Forms.
> I'm now trying to write the code for the following situation.
> If the "Master"-Form becomes minimized (on the minimize Button), the
second
> Form should become minimized, too.

Sun, 28 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Minimize an SDI -Form when minimizing an other...

There are 2 solutions ...

The first is to add code ot the master dforms resize event to cause the =
second form to minimize if the master's windowstate has been set to 1.

An alternative method (my preference), and the one used by apps to hide =
floating toolbars etc, is detailed at my site below, FAQ Library, Forms =
section, in "Creating a Floating Window".

Randy Birch, MVP
Visual Basic

Moderator, Fidonet Visual Basic Programmer's Conference

http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/rasanen/
VBnet, The Visual Basic Developers Resource Centre

: Hi Everyone
:=20
: I'm writting a program which has two SDI - Forms.=20
: I'm now trying to write the code for the following situation.
: If the "Master"-Form becomes minimized (on the minimize Button), the =
second
: Form should become minimized, too.=20
:=20
: Has someone any suggestions to write this ?
:=20
: Thanks in advance
: Stefan
: --=20

:

Sun, 28 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Minimize a form when minimizing a child of it

2. MDI Form and minimized Child Forms

3. Save form settings while form is minimized / maximized

4. Minimized form into client area of MDI form ?

5. Showing Minimized Form from Modal Form

6. Unload form after minimizing form gives an error!

7. Solution: Unload form after minimizing form gives an error

8. How to hide the minimize, restore and close button on a maximized form

9. Visability of opened (but minimized) form problem...

10. Can the Access Program be minimized form code

11. Minimize button in Excel VBA form

12. Minimizing Form Real Estate