Free file, no program attached
Author Message
 Free file, no program attached

Quote:

>Is there an API to check if any other program is attached or using a file.

By this I presume you mean: how do you check if a file is in use (ie. has
another program opened the file?). The simple way to do this is to just try
opening the file. If the program has locked the file (which it should if it
is writing to it) then you will get an error which you can trap.

Hope this helps,

Paul Eggleton
Softec Developments

Website:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~srmintl/

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Newbie, can't attach help file to program

2. attach file from my prog to user's default mail program

3. Free Programming Service - Will Code for Free

4. **FREE Make your applications SMTP compliant with an SMTP server and Sendmail Program for FREE**

5. **FREE Make your applications SMTP compliant with an SMTP server and Sendmail Program for FREE**

6. **FREE Make your applications SMTP compliant with an SMTP server and Sendmail Program for FREE**

7. Encryption in Excel, free, strong, no strings attached

8. How to get attached files in a pst file

9. ZIP files and attached files with VB4.

10. Please test my program - MONITOR.ZIP attached

11. Attaching to Netware server in VB program

12. INI Instructor Program Attached