Declarations of Win32 API functions
Author Message
 Declarations of Win32 API functions

I'm a systems guy relatively new to VB programming.  My question:  If I want
to use a Win32 API function such as NetLocalGroupAddMembers and the function
definition does not exist in the win32api.txt file that I load into the API
viewer, where can I go to find the function def to place in my code.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Declarations of Win32 API functions
Kevin,

Unfortunately, the only source for those missing APIs are the SDK header
files, which you must translate from C.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please post/reply to the newsgroup(s)

Klaus H. Probst
http://members.xoom.com/kprobst/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
> I'm a systems guy relatively new to VB programming.  My question:  If I
want
> to use a Win32 API function such as NetLocalGroupAddMembers and the
function
> definition does not exist in the win32api.txt file that I load into the
API
> viewer, where can I go to find the function def to place in my code.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Declarations of Win32 API functions
Some possibilities:

Search the VB(6) Help system. Many times a routine can be derived from one
of the other Visual Studio members.

Look on the web. Sites like www.planet-source-code.com/vb have a wealth of
sample routines from all kind of sources. In almost all cases somebody else
has done the analysis already, and shares the code.

Post your question in a newsgroup, in this case microsoft.public.vb.winapi
is most appropriate. A clear question will get a clear answer in most cases.

John

Kevin Schade heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:
>I'm a systems guy relatively new to VB programming.  My question:  If I
want
>to use a Win32 API function such as NetLocalGroupAddMembers and the
function
>definition does not exist in the win32api.txt file that I load into the API
>viewer, where can I go to find the function def to place in my code.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Declarations of Win32 API functions
goto http://www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode/

Quote:
> I'm a systems guy relatively new to VB programming.  My question:  If I
want
> to use a Win32 API function such as NetLocalGroupAddMembers and the
function
> definition does not exist in the win32api.txt file that I load into the
API
> viewer, where can I go to find the function def to place in my code.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Declarations of Win32 API functions
I have this but only for Delphi

--
Ray Adams

WEB http://rayadams.i.am
or http://members.xoom.com/ray_adams

> I'm a systems guy relatively new to VB programming.  My question:  If I
want
> to use a Win32 API function such as NetLocalGroupAddMembers and the
function
> definition does not exist in the win32api.txt file that I load into the
API
> viewer, where can I go to find the function def to place in my code.

Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Declarations of Win32 API functions
Hi Kevin.

You can find a description for all (mostly all) the APIs in the Microsoft MSDN
library. Once you find the description of a function, you need to translate it
from C to VB.

Mike

Quote:

> I'm a systems guy relatively new to VB programming.  My question:  If I want
> to use a Win32 API function such as NetLocalGroupAddMembers and the function
> definition does not exist in the win32api.txt file that I load into the API
> viewer, where can I go to find the function def to place in my code.

--
                       \\~ ~//

        ----------o00o-(_)-o00o-------------

Voice Mail: 375-2066 ext. 3000

ICQ # 8170125
----

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Declarations of Win32 API functions
Find the C definitions as others have suggested, and get a copy of Dan
Appleman's Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to the Win32 API.  It offers a
great description of how to translate the C definitions into VB code, and
addresses all the possible pitfalls, etc.  It's a great reference for anyone
doing Win API work with VB.

Quote:
> I'm a systems guy relatively new to VB programming.  My question:  If I
want
> to use a Win32 API function such as NetLocalGroupAddMembers and the
function
> definition does not exist in the win32api.txt file that I load into the
API
> viewer, where can I go to find the function def to place in my code.

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Declarations of Win32 API functions
Thank all of you for your suggestions.  They have helped me get well on my
way.

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Declarations of Win32 API functions

2. Win32 API Declarations - Clarification - Repost?!

3. Win API functions that don't seem to exist in Win32 API

4. API functions declarations

5. 32 Bit ODBC API Function Declarations

6. Need ODBC API Function declaration

7. How do I find API function declarations etc...

8. API functions declarations

9. Overloading DLL functions with VB (OR) API Declarations in VB

10. Overloading DLL functions with VB (OR) API Declarations in VB

11. Please help me reference an API function declaration from inside a module

12. RAS API function declaration