how to get internet connection speed?
Author Message
 how to get internet connection speed?

Dear,

   how to get Internet connection speed through wininet API or other else?

  Thank you.

William.

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 13:32:45 GMT
 how to get internet connection speed?

Quote:

>    how to get Internet connection speed through wininet API or other else?

That's different for Win9x, NT4 and Win2000:

In Win9x you get it thru the registry (HKEY_DYN_DATA), in
NT4 thru the performance monitoring (difficult) and in
Win2000 it's easy to do thru a special API call.

I made it in my program: http://www.uwe-sieber.de/otax.html
It's availlable in german only but you will see how it
works if you take a look at the Function getTraffic() in
basRAS.
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/otax_src.zip

For NT4 I'm using Microsoft's performance data helper DLL
(PDH.DLL) and a selfmade C-DLL to get what I need:
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/pdhdll.zip

I tried to access the PDH.DLL with VB code from Bill
McCarthy's great page too, but this is too slow.
http://www.TotalEnviro.com/PlatformVB

Greeting from Germany

Uwe

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:53:22 GMT

1. Getting the connection speed of a RAS connection

2. *******THIS SITE WILL SPEED UP YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION BY 100%*******

3. Determine internet connection speed

4. Internet Connection Speed

5. Internet connection speed

6. Internet Connection Speed

7. How to determine Internet connection speed from VB?

8. internet speed connection

9. How can i know the internet connection speed????

10. Obey speed limit - Bandwith limiting on internet connection

11. How can you show the internet connection speed?

12. SPEED YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION UP TO 200% (TESTED)