API to Close other programs and verify if program is run 
Author Message
 API to Close other programs and verify if program is run

I have a application that run in batch mode and some times this application
give a fatal error and I need to click at close button and restart the
application.

I think to do I need two API one that verify the use of CPU(like WinTop) and
other to close the application.

Thanks for the anticipated help.

Paulo S. Pedrozo



Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 API to Close other programs and verify if program is run

If you have the handle to the Window of the application , you could send it
a WM_CLOSE message using the SendMessage API call to close it .

Regards,
 Priya
 Trisoft Design
 E 30 Connaught Place
 New Delhi 110 001 - India
 Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

 Internet:http://www.spindia.com/



Quote:

> I have a application that run in batch mode and some times this
application
> give a fatal error and I need to click at close button and restart the
> application.

> I think to do I need two API one that verify the use of CPU(like WinTop)
and
> other to close the application.

> Thanks for the anticipated help.

> Paulo S. Pedrozo



Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 API to Close other programs and verify if program is run

Thanks Priya

How I Know the handle of application ?

Regards

Paulo


Quote:
>If you have the handle to the Window of the application , you could send it
>a WM_CLOSE message using the SendMessage API call to close it .

>Regards,
> Priya
> Trisoft Design
> E 30 Connaught Place
> New Delhi 110 001 - India
> Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

> Internet:http://www.spindia.com/



>> I have a application that run in batch mode and some times this
>application
>> give a fatal error and I need to click at close button and restart the
>> application.

>> I think to do I need two API one that verify the use of CPU(like WinTop)
>and
>> other to close the application.

>> Thanks for the anticipated help.

>> Paulo S. Pedrozo



Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 API to Close other programs and verify if program is run

the return of the shell statement is your handle

Quote:

>Thanks Priya

>How I Know the handle of application ?

>Regards

>Paulo


>>If you have the handle to the Window of the application , you could send
it
>>a WM_CLOSE message using the SendMessage API call to close it .

>>Regards,
>> Priya
>> Trisoft Design
>> E 30 Connaught Place
>> New Delhi 110 001 - India
>> Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

>> Internet:http://www.spindia.com/



>>> I have a application that run in batch mode and some times this
>>application
>>> give a fatal error and I need to click at close button and restart the
>>> application.

>>> I think to do I need two API one that verify the use of CPU(like WinTop)
>>and
>>> other to close the application.

>>> Thanks for the anticipated help.

>>> Paulo S. Pedrozo



Fri, 04 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Removing program title from Close Program Dialog

2. How can you close a program from another program

3. Removing program title from Close Program Dialog

4. How to wait for an external program to close before running my VB app

5. Closing a program that is running in the system tray

6. Closing all programs running except mine.

7. Detecting/closing a running program

8. How to close a running program?

9. Running program on closing of windows nt

10. All forms close, program still running

11. Close a running program

12. VB closing an external program using an API function

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software