Hiding Windows Taskbar or Disabling Start button
Author Message
 Hiding Windows Taskbar or Disabling Start button

Is there any way I can either hide or disable the windows start button??

Please Help!!

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Hiding Windows Taskbar or Disabling Start button
Take a loko at this code:

Private Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long,
ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, ByVal cx As
Long, ByVal cy As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal
lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long
Private Declare Function GetWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal
wCmd As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function GetClassName Lib "user32" Alias "GetClassNameA"
(ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal nMaxCount As Long)
As Long
Private Declare Function EnableWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long,
ByVal fEnable As Long) As Long
Const SWP_HIDEWINDOW = &H80
Const SWP_SHOWWINDOW = &H40
Const GW_CHILD = 5
Const GW_HWNDNEXT = 2
Const GW_HWNDFIRST = 0
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Dim Thwnd As Long, Ret As Long, sSave As String, mWnd As Long
    Thwnd = FindWindow("Shell_traywnd", "")
    mWnd = GetWindow(Thwnd, GW_CHILD Or GW_HWNDFIRST)
    Do
        sSave = Space(255)
        Ret = GetClassName(mWnd, sSave, 250)
        sSave = Left$(sSave, Ret)
        If sSave = "Button" Then
            'Disable button
            EnableWindow mWnd, False
            'or hide button
            SetWindowPos mWnd, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_HIDEWINDOW
            Exit Do
        End If
        mWnd = GetWindow(Thwnd, GW_CHILD Or GW_HWNDNEXT)
    Loop
End Sub

HTH,
Pieter Philippaerts
http://users.turboline.be/btl10148/

Otto heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Quote:
>Is there any way I can either hide or disable the windows start button??

>Please Help!!

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Hiding Windows Taskbar or Disabling Start button
Hiding the start button from a user is *really* bad UI.... I
mean, are you writing a virus that takes over the user's
computer? Or writing Borg 1.0?

Apps shouls not muck with the user's system this way, IMHO.
I would uninstall such a program and never buy anything from
that company again.

Michael

Quote:
> Take a loko at this code:

> Private Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal
hwnd As Long,
> ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As
Long, ByVal cx As
> Long, ByVal cy As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long) As Long
> Private Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias

"FindWindowA" (ByVal
Quote:
> lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As
Long
> Private Declare Function GetWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal
hwnd As Long, ByVal
> wCmd As Long) As Long
> Private Declare Function GetClassName Lib "user32" Alias
"GetClassNameA"
> (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal
nMaxCount As Long)
> As Long
> Private Declare Function EnableWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal
hwnd As Long,
> ByVal fEnable As Long) As Long
> Const SWP_HIDEWINDOW = &H80
> Const SWP_SHOWWINDOW = &H40
> Const GW_CHILD = 5
> Const GW_HWNDNEXT = 2
> Const GW_HWNDFIRST = 0
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     Dim Thwnd As Long, Ret As Long, sSave As String, mWnd
As Long
>     Thwnd = FindWindow("Shell_traywnd", "")
>     mWnd = GetWindow(Thwnd, GW_CHILD Or GW_HWNDFIRST)
>     Do
>         sSave = Space(255)
>         Ret = GetClassName(mWnd, sSave, 250)
>         sSave = Left$(sSave, Ret)
>         If sSave = "Button" Then
>             'Disable button
>             EnableWindow mWnd, False
>             'or hide button
>             SetWindowPos mWnd, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
SWP_HIDEWINDOW
>             Exit Do
>         End If
>         mWnd = GetWindow(Thwnd, GW_CHILD Or GW_HWNDNEXT)
>     Loop
> End Sub

> HTH,
> Pieter Philippaerts
> http://users.turboline.be/btl10148/

> Otto heeft geschreven in bericht ...
> >Is there any way I can either hide or disable the windows
start button??

> >Please Help!!

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hiding or Disabling the Windows Start Button

2. ANSWER: Hide Taskbar & Disable Start

3. Hiding The TaskBar and the Start Button

4. Disabling Start button, Ctrl-Esc but not Taskbar

5. VB3, Win 95 and disabling Start Button / Hiding Icons

6. How can I disable the windows start button ?

7. Disabling the Windows Start Button

8. How can I disable the windows start button ?

9. How to disable or hide the taskbar before startup or login

10. How to disable or hide the taskbar before startup or login

11. Help on Hiding the TaskBar once my app starts

12. How to Hide a taskbar button