Changing Long Paths to Short Paths in a 16-bit App
Author Message
 Changing Long Paths to Short Paths in a 16-bit App

Is there any 16-bit API call to convert a long path (C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe) to the short path
(C:\Progra~1\Micros~1\Office\Excel.exe)

I also want to ask if anyone knows of a util that will watch API calls being
called from an certain EXE?

Thanks Much

Steve Shubin

Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing Long Paths to Short Paths in a 16-bit App
On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:06:22 -0700, "Steve Shubin"

Quote:

>Is there any 16-bit API call to convert a long path (C:\Program
>Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe) to the short path
>(C:\Progra~1\Micros~1\Office\Excel.exe)

>I also want to ask if anyone knows of a util that will watch API calls being
>called from an certain EXE?

>Thanks Much

>Steve Shubin

In 16-bit windows, there were no long file names, so the API
GetShortPathName I belive is the name, is only 32-bit.

Kyle

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Long Path Names and 16 Bit

2. App.Path only returning short path name - Why?

3. app.path only returns short path name

4. App.Path returns "short" path name

5. The long and short of it - app.path that is

6. Change long path name to short pathname

7. Convert Long Filenames to Short Filenames in VB4 16-Bit

8. Converting long filenames to short filenames in VB4.0 16-bit

9. Short -> Long file path

10. Convert Long Path to Short

11. converting long filename paths to short

12. Getting Short Path Names from Long