Set text in Win95 Run dialog... how?
Author Message
 Set text in Win95 Run dialog... how?

Hi all,

    I am invoking the Win95 run dialog box with a shell32.dll call.  I can
set the title, prompt and even the icon that is displayed in the run dialog,
but I wish to set the text in the run combo box.  I have tried changing the
first RunMRU item in the registry to cause it to show up in the box, but it
is not reflected in the dialog without a registry reload.  The call to bring
up the run dialog seems modal and I haven't had any luck using sendkeys to
set the text either.

Any ideas???
Thanks in advance...

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Set text in Win95 Run dialog... how?

You can modify the MRU list in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU

CU,
Sun

Homepage:    http://home.t-online.de/home/tobigeimer

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. App running before the Win95 Logon Dialog...

2. Opening text file in a text box using common dialog

3. Print text in rich text control without showing dialog

4. File open dialog (Access 2.0, Win95, Win NT)

5. Directory Dialog box in VBA using Win95/NT Calls

6. Accessing Win95 common dialogs in VB3.0

7. API Calling the Win95 Find dialog box

8. HELP....CREATING CUSTOM OPEN DIALOG/WIN95 IN VB4 32-BIT

9. Copy2Floppy/Listview Q w/Win95 dialog

10. Accessing the win95 password dialog box

11. VB3 Dialog and Win95 Task bar

12. Screen Saver help: using the small monitor on the setup dialog in win95