socket.bas
Author Message
 socket.bas

Help.
I need examples how to program windows sockets under Windows NT/95 using
Visual Basic.
I am tired of the winsock control that comes with VB5 since it contains a
lot of bugs. We have found a file called socket.bas that is in German. It is
not very helpful.
Any pointers?

Peter Larnholt

Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 socket.bas

Hi Peter,
    I think you should take a look at NetManage's NEWT ActiveX Intranet
Control.
It is the "son" of Microsoft's Internet OCX controls.
It is supplied with a great number of examples and many controls for
Winsock, TCP, Http, Smtp, pop3 and others.
You can download it form Netmanage's site (I think it's www.netmanage.com,
but I'm not sure).
I've tried it and I think it's very powerful.

If you need more help, feel free to send me an Email.

Pier Giverso

Quote:

>Help.
>I need examples how to program windows sockets under Windows NT/95 using
>Visual Basic.
>I am tired of the winsock control that comes with VB5 since it contains a
>lot of bugs. We have found a file called socket.bas that is in German. It
is
>not very helpful.
>Any pointers?

>Peter Larnholt

Tue, 28 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 socket.bas

Thanks!
The thing is that it also contains the same bugs. I think that it is
Netmanage that has developed the control for Microsoft.
I want to go deeper (closer) to winsock.dll instead of having an ocx layer
to talk thru.
Therefor i'm looking for vbcode that show how I can talk to winsock.dll
myself.

Peter Larnholt

Quote:

>Hi Peter,
>    I think you should take a look at NetManage's NEWT ActiveX Intranet
>Control.
>It is the "son" of Microsoft's Internet OCX controls.
>It is supplied with a great number of examples and many controls for
>Winsock, TCP, Http, Smtp, pop3 and others.
>You can download it form Netmanage's site (I think it's www.netmanage.com,
>but I'm not sure).
>I've tried it and I think it's very powerful.

>If you need more help, feel free to send me an Email.

Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 socket.bas

Quote:
>I want to go deeper (closer) to winsock.dll instead of having an ocx layer
>to talk thru.
>Therefor i'm looking for vbcode that show how I can talk to winsock.dll
>myself.

Take a look at this book:

Building Internet Applications with Visual Basic
Pub: QUE
Auth: Michael Marchuk
ISBN: 0-7897-0214-2

Can't get any deeper (closer) than this.

Regards,
              DNS Wizard Corporation
              Marvin Hart
              9597 Jones Road Suite 307
              Houston, Texas  77065

              Phone: 281.894.2069
              Fax: 281.894.4899
              World Wide Web: http://www.dnswiz.com
              MForms - Mail Forms: http://www.dnswiz.com/mforms.htm

--- Please remove the NOSPAM when replying via email.

And for you automated email spammers out there,
here's the email addresses of the current board of
the Federal Communications Commission:

And let's help you send some spam to the US Postal Service, too:

Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Winsock.bas Closing Socket?

2. mouse control (MUISTEST.BAS) - muistest.bas (1/1)

3. mouse control (MUISTEST.BAS) - muistest.bas (0/1)

4. CODE: WORMHOLE.BAS (circle.bas revisited)

5. Predecessor to EVOD.BAS (Virus2.BAS)

6. Using CGI32.BAS and DBSAMPLE-32.BAS

7. cgi32.bas vs cgi4vb.bas

8. timeout.bas & ontop.bas

9. vbICMP.BAS and vbWinSock.BAS Updated

10. Trouble with System.Net.Sockets.Socket under Windows 98

11. System.Net.Sockets.Socket Problem

12. System.Net.Sockets.Socket State