List all currently running processes
Author Message
 List all currently running processes

How can I obtain a list of all processes currently running on my pc.
Currently I am using a combination of a few API calls:
CreateToolHelp32SnapShot,  Process32First and Process32Next.  Problem
is, these only work on Windows 95 and not NT.

Mon, 04 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 List all currently running processes

Dave

Quote:
> How can I obtain a list of all processes currently running on my pc.
> Currently I am using a combination of a few API calls:
> CreateToolHelp32SnapShot,  Process32First and Process32Next.  Problem
> is, these only work on Windows 95 and not NT.

Get a hold of Psapi.dll in the PlatformSDK at

  http://www.microsoft.com/msdn/sdk/bldenv.htm

I can't remember exactly which download it's in though.
BTW, the file is redistributable.

Then you want to call it's EnumProcesses API...

--
Brad Martinez
http://members.aol.com/btmtz/vb

Please direct questions/replies to the newsgroup.

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 List all currently running processes

Hello Dave,

Check out this link on my web page which explains and also has the code
for listing all running process and make your own dll that can be used to
get the list:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8469/resource.htm

hope this helps
All the Best

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. List of currently running processes

2. Way to get list of currently running applications?

3. How to make a list of currently running window classes

4. Obtain a list of currently running apps.

5. List dlls currently running in VB Application

6. How to list all the processes running

7. How to list all processes running on a NT4

8. List running NT4.0 processes & applications

9. List Running Processes

10. Get List of Running Processes

11. List the running process

12. How to get a list of processes running on remote PC