WYSIWYG printing, please help.
Author Message
 WYSIWYG printing, please help.

Hi there,

I am writing a label printing program which allows users to create text
fields and graphic objects and printes to the printer at fix locations. Is
there a quick way to do this? I have used PaintPicture method to paint all
components of a picture object to the printer. However, the text output
quality is very poor.

Is there another way to send text (with formats exactly the same as on the
screen) to a pre-defined co-oridnates of the printer object?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Danny Lau

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WYSIWYG printing, please help.
When you paintpicture the graphics to the printer, they are in the same
resolution as on the screen.  They only look good on the screen because
you're used to screens having lousy resolution.

Instead, you should maintain the raw information you need to create the
same graphics on either a form or a printer.  In VB5 and above, you can
do

Sub OutPutIt(Dest as Object)
  Dest.Line ....
  Dest.Print "SomeText"
  Dest.CurrentY = y 'etc etc

Just pass this routine a form/picturebox or the printer object, make
sure it scales correctly, etc.  Not a trivial task, but good results
are possible.

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

Quote:
> Hi there,

> I am writing a label printing program which allows users to create
text
> fields and graphic objects and printes to the printer at fix
locations. Is
> there a quick way to do this? I have used PaintPicture method to
paint all
> components of a picture object to the printer. However, the text
output
> quality is very poor.

> Is there another way to send text (with formats exactly the same as
on the
> screen) to a pre-defined co-oridnates of the printer object?

> Any advice will be appreciated.

> Danny Lau

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. WYSIWYG printing, please help?

2. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

3. Help - Print - Help -Print - Help - Print - Help - Print - Help

4. DATAbase Printing PLEASE, PLEASE Help me - please?

5. DATAbase Printing - PLEASE, PLEASE Help me - please?

6. How can I print a datagrid wysiwyg?

7. Print a VB WYSIWYG Screen

8. How to use RichTextBox for WYSIWYG printing?

9. How can I get WYSIWYG printing with VB?

10. The Richedit WYSIWYG printing has a scaling problem.

11. How to Print a DBGrid as WYSIWYG ?

12. Printing Forms WYSIWYG