Win32Api Descriptions
Author Message
 Win32Api Descriptions

Does someone know of any document that would describe/explain each of the
Win32 API Calls.  The API viewer is fine, but it doesn't tell me what the
function does or how to use it.

--
--- Some Peoples Minds Wander, Some Leave Completely---

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32Api Descriptions

ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/techinfo/techdocs/language/delphi/gen/

Look for win32.zip

BIG download

HTH
--
Michael Cody
remove the "spam" from the address

Quote:
> Does someone know of any document that would describe/explain each of the
> Win32 API Calls.  The API viewer is fine, but it doesn't tell me what the
> function does or how to use it.

> --
> --- Some Peoples Minds Wander, Some Leave Completely---

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32Api Descriptions

the definitive source is the msdn library.  you can use the online version
for free at http://www.microsoft.com/msdn

Quote:

>Does someone know of any document that would describe/explain each of the
>Win32 API Calls.  The API viewer is fine, but it doesn't tell me what the
>function does or how to use it.

>--
>--- Some Peoples Minds Wander, Some Leave Completely---

Mon, 01 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32Api Descriptions

I always recommend Daniel Appleman's excellent book.  I always keep it in
the left holster of my VB gunbelt.

        http://www.desaware.com/desaware/vbpgw32a.htm

- George Copeland
- Vectrix Corporation, Publishers of EdgeworX
- http://edgeworx.vectrix.com

Quote:
> Does someone know of any document that would describe/explain each of the
> Win32 API Calls.  The API viewer is fine, but it doesn't tell me what the
> function does or how to use it.

> --
> --- Some Peoples Minds Wander, Some Leave Completely---

Mon, 01 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32Api Descriptions

Hi There,

I've received a CD called MSDN with my copy of Visual Basic 5.0.
There is a section that explain every Api Call.
The problem is that you gotta know the name of the Api you need, because
they are simply classified by... alfabetic order!

see U

Quote:
> Does someone know of any document that would describe/explain each of the
> Win32 API Calls.  The API viewer is fine, but it doesn't tell me what the
> function does or how to use it.

> --
> --- Some Peoples Minds Wander, Some Leave Completely---

Tue, 09 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win32Api Descriptions

2. Win32Api Descriptions

3. win32api.mdb and win32api.txt and viewers like you

4. Table Description/Field Description

5. SQL Server Field Descriptions and Microsoft Access Field Descriptions

6. Getting Microsoft's Win32API Declarations to Compile Correctly

7. Lost and found: Office XP Developer copy of win32api.txt

8. Job Opportunity for 1-2 top-level VB/VBA/Win32API programmers

9. Word/VBA WIN32API GPF

10. What happened to the Win32API Viewer

11. Win32API/Framework ?

12. Translating Win32API calls into .NET