Are window's standard scroll bars visible?
Author Message
 Are window's standard scroll bars visible?

Hi, a quick API question...

A window with WS_VSCROLL and WS_HSCROLL style bits set will show
the vertical and horizontal scroll bars when needed.
How can I find out which of the scrollbars, if any, are currently visible?

Checking the style bits with GetWindowLong() does not help because
WS_VSCROLL and WS_HSCROLL will be set also when the scrollbars are not
currently shown.

Thanks, Andre Wyss

Mon, 19 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Are window's standard scroll bars visible?

Quote:

> Hi, a quick API question...

> A window with WS_VSCROLL and WS_HSCROLL style bits set will show
> the vertical and horizontal scroll bars when needed.
> How can I find out which of the scrollbars, if any, are currently visible?

> Checking the style bits with GetWindowLong() does not help because
> WS_VSCROLL and WS_HSCROLL will be set also when the scrollbars are not
> currently shown.

> Thanks, Andre Wyss

usually a scrollbar will automatically be hidden if/when the min value
is 0. to find this out, you can call GetScrollInfo and take a look at
the SCROLLINFO struct..

Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Grid's Scroll Bars Visible?

2. contents won't scroll when scroll bar is dragged

3. Fat scroll bars on standard combo boxes, list boxes

4. Building A Scroll Bar / Scroll Bar Colors

5. Code Window Scroll Bar

6. DataGrid and he's Scroll bar

7. Window scroll bars in FutureBASIC

8. Windows Scroll bar

9. RichEditBox and it's scroll bar

10. Scroll Bars on Midi Child Windows

11. scroll bars in an rtf window....

12. Changing size of Drop-down menu's scroll bar