WordPad as Automation server
Author Message
 WordPad as Automation server

Could somebody please tell me wether it is posible to use WordPas as
Automation server like you can with Word/Excel from VB. If this is
possible I would greatly appriciate some sample code
Thanks in Advance
cpsi

L8r,
Chizl - CEO

http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WordPad as Automation server

Wordpad is not Automation enabled. However, it is based on the RichEdit
control which you can (easily?) embed within your apps.

--

Patrick Philippot

-pp (MainSoft sarl)
------------------------------------

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mainsoft
tel/fax: +33 (0)1 69 40 94 85

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WordPad as Automation server

Easy to answer - choose "References" from the VB project menu, browse
for the wordpad executable and select it. If you get a new reference
checked in the list, look at its library with the object browser. And
let me know - I'll be shocked if they did manage to include an
Automation compatible interface (the source for Wordpad is also on the
DevStudio CD - no sign of such a thing there).

Quote:

> Could somebody please tell me wether it is posible to use WordPas as
> Automation server like you can with Word/Excel from VB. If this is
> possible I would greatly appriciate some sample code
> Thanks in Advance

Tue, 02 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WordPad as Automation server

WordPad source? Did I get stiffed on my DevStudio CD?
That MIGHT clear my problem on another area

 (the source for Wordpad is also on the

Quote:
>DevStudio CD - no sign of such a thing there).

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WordPad as Automation server

I might have gotten it off of the special edition CD of MSDN in VStudio.
--
Ben Baird, MVP
Microsoft SiteBuilder Network Level 2

Quote:

>WordPad source? Did I get stiffed on my DevStudio CD?
>That MIGHT clear my problem on another area

> (the source for Wordpad is also on the
>>DevStudio CD - no sign of such a thing there).

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. can wordpad be used as an automation object?

2. VB OLE Automation with WordPad in Windows 95

3. How automation client recognizes that automation server unloaded

4. Automation Error - Object is not connected to server

5. Word Automation RPC Server is unavailable

6. Automation Error/The RPC Server is unavailable with Access/Word97

7. Using Microsoft Access as an Automation Server (ACC7/Win95)

8. Help !! Access 97 as an Automation Server

9. Error 458 - Unable to create objects from the Excel automation server....sometimes

10. Terminate automation server from VBA...

11. Project Server Account - Problems with COM automation