Remove shortcut from icon?
Author Message
 Remove shortcut from icon?

How can I remove the little shortcut symbol from an icon that's retreived
from a file? I have the file path and PIDL.

Mohammed AlQuraishi
SiteBuilder Level 2
ClubIE Team 4
Independent Microsoft Beta Tester
TechWeb/Microsoft 2nd Place ActiveX Contest Winner (Business)
http://www.*-*-*.com/

"It is the bias of our society that creates the smart and the stupid." a
*Smart* guy.
"To war is not only to win, it's also to fight."

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Remove shortcut from icon?

Have you gotten TweakUI from MS?
I think the way they do it, is to make an icon with nothing on it, and
assign that as the shortcut icon.  I tried it, you can make an icon with
whatever on it, and make that the shortuct icon, and it appears over it.

--
Hope that helps,

Bodi Klamph

Azure Dragon Software
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Plaza/3840/

Quote:
>How can I remove the little shortcut symbol from an icon that's retreived
>from a file? I have the file path and PIDL.

>--
*
>Mohammed AlQuraishi
>SiteBuilder Level 2
>ClubIE Team 4
>Independent Microsoft Beta Tester
>TechWeb/Microsoft 2nd Place ActiveX Contest Winner (Business)
>http://www.advancednetsolutions.com

>"It is the bias of our society that creates the smart and the stupid." a
>*Smart* guy.
>"To war is not only to win, it's also to fight."
*

begin 666 Bodi Klamph.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..DML86UP:#M";V1I#0I&3CI"
M;V1I($ML86UP: T*14U!24P[4%)%1CM)3E1%4DY%5#I"2VQA;7!H0$%Z=7)E

`
end

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Remove shortcut from icon?

Yeah but how would you do that programmatically?

Mohammed AlQuraishi
SiteBuilder Level 2
ClubIE Team 4
Independent Microsoft Beta Tester
TechWeb/Microsoft 2nd Place ActiveX Contest Winner (Business)
http://www.advancednetsolutions.com

"It is the bias of our society that creates the smart and the stupid." a
*Smart* guy.
"To war is not only to win, it's also to fight."

>Have you gotten TweakUI from MS?
>I think the way they do it, is to make an icon with nothing on it, and
>assign that as the shortcut icon.  I tried it, you can make an icon with
>whatever on it, and make that the shortuct icon, and it appears over it.

>--
>Hope that helps,

>Bodi Klamph

>Azure Dragon Software
>http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Plaza/3840/

>>How can I remove the little shortcut symbol from an icon that's retreived
>>from a file? I have the file path and PIDL.

>>--
>>**************************************************************************
*
>*
>>Mohammed AlQuraishi
>>SiteBuilder Level 2
>>ClubIE Team 4
>>Independent Microsoft Beta Tester
>>TechWeb/Microsoft 2nd Place ActiveX Contest Winner (Business)
>>http://www.advancednetsolutions.com

>>"It is the bias of our society that creates the smart and the stupid." a
>>*Smart* guy.
>>"To war is not only to win, it's also to fight."
>>**************************************************************************
*
>*

Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Removing shortcut from a desktop icon

2. Remove shortcut symbol from icon?

3. removing system tray icon without a icon picture.

4. Can't remove ′'Shortcuts' permanently

5. RMDIR error 75 removing shortcut folders

6. Create and remove Shortcuts from Windows

7. Remove shortcuts ???

8. removing shortcuts from desktop

9. Removing System Tray shortcuts

10. Removing System Tray shortcuts

11. Create - Remove shortcut on desktop

12. Change Icon in Shortcut programmatically?