Problem with win-32 api on win-95
Author Message
 Problem with win-32 api on win-95

I have a piece of code, which launches external application
though shell command in VB 4.0 on win-95. I need to check in a
timer function whether the executable launched using shell
is still running or not ? , If it is not running I need to
do some action. In win-16 I used to use Getmoduleusage()
Api call to monitor this. In win-32 this call is not available.
I tried with openProcess and Getexitcode*() Apis, It din't
work.

Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with win-32 api on win-95

Quote:

>I have a piece of code, which launches external application
>though shell command in VB 4.0 on win-95. I need to check in a
>timer function whether the executable launched using shell
>is still running or not ? , If it is not running I need to
>do some action. In win-16 I used to use Getmoduleusage()
>Api call to monitor this. In win-32 this call is not available.
>I tried with openProcess and Getexitcode*() Apis, It din't
>work.

  I just read a interesting article at Desaware's site that addresses this very
subject. Go to www.desaware.com and read the Visual Basic Bulletins (Vol 3,
Issue 2). This is the lead subject in this bulletin.

  BTW.. All of the bulletins are full of good information as well as the
'Programmer's guide to the Win32 API' by Daniel Appleman.

  Hope this helps..

  Steve Jacobs
  C{*filter*}te, NC

Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

2. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

3. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

4. MS stance on setup wiz problem (VB 3.0 /Win 95 distrib to earlier Wins)

5. Problem printing in Win 95 but not Win 98

6. Problem to set the NumLock key on with Win NT but not with Win 95

7. VB 4 32 Lockup On Win 95 B

8. A colour question (Win 95 and VB4 Pro 32 bit)

9. 32-bit VB4 Pro in Win 95 crashes

10. String arguments between VB and a Fortran DLL (VB4-32/Powerstation 4.0/Win 95)

11. Disabling Sounds in VB4-32 Win 95

12. String arguments between VB and a Fortran DLL (VB4-32/Powerstation 4.0/Win 95)