VB 4.0 vs Office 97 and VB 5.0
Author Message
 VB 4.0 vs Office 97 and VB 5.0

Hi everyone

I heard that installing Office 97 or VB 5.0 may cause problems to
applications designed with VB 4.0.  I would like to know exactly what these
problems are, what causes them, how to solve them, etc.  Any useful
information about this would be welcome.

Thanks

(Please answer by e-mail since I don't often have the chance to browse the
newsgroups....)
--------------------------
Ghislain Gadbois
Sisca inc.
Sherbrooke (Qu.)

Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 4.0 vs Office 97 and VB 5.0

Quote:

> Hi everyone

> I heard that installing Office 97 or VB 5.0 may cause problems to
> applications designed with VB 4.0.  I would like to know exactly what these
> problems are, what causes them, how to solve them, etc.  Any useful
> information about this would be welcome.

> Thanks

> (Please answer by e-mail since I don't often have the chance to browse the
> newsgroups....)
> --------------------------
> Ghislain Gadbois
> Sisca inc.
> Sherbrooke (Qu.)

I know that if you develop an app with Office 97 on your machine,
distribute the Jet stuff with your app, and install the app on a machine
with Office 95 it will break the Office 95 configuration.

Kevin

----------------------------------
Kevin Frye
SoBran Incorporated (SBI)
Computing Technologies Manager
423.482.0453 (voice)
423.482.0269 (fax)

----------------------------------

Sun, 24 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 4.0 vs Office 97 and VB 5.0

2. Office 97, VB 5.0 on top of VB 4.0

3. Help with differences between VB 5.0 versus Office 97 VBA

4. Office 97 style menu in VB 5.0

5. VB 5.0 and Excel Office 97

6. VB 4.0 32-bit and Office 97

7. VB 4.0 32 Vs VB 5.0

8. VB 4.0 vs./and VB 5.0

9. Another MaskedEdit Difference VB 4.0 vs VB 5.0

10. MaskedEdit VB 4.0 vs VB 5.0

11. VB 5.0 vs. VB 4.0

12. VB 5.0 vs. VB 4.0