Sending Text to the Printer Port
Author Message
 Sending Text to the Printer Port

Please Help if you can.

I am an experienced VB programmer, but I am very new to the WinAPI thing, so
please bear with me.

I am making an Access 97 application that reads text files, renames them
depending on what kind of information is in them, and prints them to two or
three very high speed IBM printers.

In Visual Basic, there is a Printer Object, and a Printers Collection, but
in Access 97, there is nothing.

Is there a way of doing this?  I have seen the WritePrinter and EnumPrinters
API functions, but I don't know how to use them.

If anyone could give me some coding examples, I'd be most appreciative.

JaredBobby (at) Bigfoot (dot) com

Thank you
Jared White

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Send text directly to printer port?

2. VB4.0 sending commands to rs232 (com port) and printer port

3. bug sending text to printer via printer object

4. send command to printer port

5. Send a byte to printer port?

6. How to send byte to printer port? HELP

7. How to send data to printer port

8. Please Help sending binary info to printer port

9. Q: Sending contents of listbox to printer port

10. Sending a .PRN file to a Printer Port

11. Sending a file to a printer port.

12. Sending files directly to the printer port, under NT Server