Programmatically determine a users membership in COM+ roles.
Author Message
 Programmatically determine a users membership in COM+ roles.

I am using VB and have a need to obtain the COM+ roles that a user is a
member of under a specified application.  The problem I have is this.  The
person running the component is most likely looking for someone else other
than themselves which means I cannot use the 'IsCallerInRole' function of
the Security context.

The other problem is that individual users are not placed directly in COM+
Roles but are placed in NT groups and those groups are placed in COM+ Roles.
I have done some research and determined there are a number of options.  I
was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the following.

The COM+ Security Context object has a IsUsersInRole function.  It asks for
a puser type and also a role name.  My question here is what datatype is
puser - String, UDT?

I would assume that there are API calls and I could use these to get all the
groups that a user is a member of.  Does any know of specific API calls I
can use to accomplish this?

I appreciate all help that anyone may be able to provide.  If anyone needs
more information please post to the group and I will provide

Thanks

Sun, 24 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Programmatically determine a users membership in COM+ roles.

2. Checking COM+ Role membership.

3. Determining Roles Programmatically

4. Q:How do determine a user's NT group membership

5. Q:How do determine a user's NT group membership

6. Get list of users belonging to COM+ role?

7. Create new Roles on W2k3 com+ application

8. Programmatically determine Default Path for User Templates?

9. COM+ Programmatically changing user's security context

10. Determining server roles?

11. Determining Group Membership

12. Determining Group Membership...