How to call the Explorer Open With dialog box
Author Message
 How to call the Explorer Open With dialog box

I am currently working on a document management component for my current
project at work.  So far I can determine the icons for a given document and
the associated executable.  The one piece that I have not yet found is the
call to the Windows Explorer Open With dialog box when the executable can
not be located or an association does not exist.

Has anyone done this ?  Are there any code samples ?

Bob King

Wed, 05 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to call the Explorer Open With dialog box
Check out the ShellExecute API.  This will do exactly what you need.

--

Later,
Tony Fountain, MCP

> I am currently working on a document management component for my current
> project at work.  So far I can determine the icons for a given document
and
> the associated executable.  The one piece that I have not yet found is the
> call to the Windows Explorer Open With dialog box when the executable can
> not be located or an association does not exist.

> Has anyone done this ?  Are there any code samples ?

> Bob King

Wed, 05 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to call the Explorer Open With dialog box
Hi-
    Try this little snippet.
Joe
______________snip__________________________________________
Option Explicit

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim lRetVal As Long
    Dim szCmd As String
    szCmd = "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL c:\autoexec.bak"
    lRetVal = Shell(szCmd, vbNormalFocus)
End Sub
_______________snip___________________________________________

 Microsoft Developer MVP- Visual Basic
 Try Yankee Clipper II- the new version of Yankee Clipper:
 featured in August 98 PCComputing Mag "Amazing Free Stuff:
 Programs and Power Toys" article. http://www.levasseur.net/YC2
 "He preaches well that lives well, quoth Sancho; that's
 all the divinity I understand." Miguel de Cervantes
PS- Please reply to the newsgroup- except in the
case of flames, insults, etc. (Don't bother.)

Quote:
> I am currently working on a document management component for my current
> project at work.  So far I can determine the icons for a given document
and
> the associated executable.  The one piece that I have not yet found is the
> call to the Windows Explorer Open With dialog box when the executable can
> not be located or an association does not exist.

> Has anyone done this ?  Are there any code samples ?

> Bob King

Thu, 06 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Customizing Word Explorer-style Open Dialog Box

2. know when internet explorer calls the print dialog box

3. Calling up a dialog box to Open a file

4. How to call Open File and Save As dialog box API from VB

5. Centering a Open Dialog box using the Common dialog

6. How to just open the Open dialog box?

7. Open Multiselect Open dialog box

8. ? How to use Explorer-type Open dialog ?

9. API: How can I call the Add group and user Dialog from Explorer

10. API: How can I call the Add group and user Dialog from Explorer

11. Internet Explorer dialog box

12. Select Directory dialog box like Comm Dialog Box