Shutdown Windows95
Author Message
 Shutdown Windows95

Does anyone know how to shutdown windows from VB5. Is there a way to get to
the screen like you get when you select shutdown from start. Which gives
you a screeen with options to shutdown, restart restart in dos etc.

Thanks

--
ICQ
Dennis

Dennis Croll

Wed, 06 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Shutdown Windows95

Use the ExitWindowsEx API call.
-Rob

Quote:

>Does anyone know how to shutdown windows from VB5. Is there a way to get to
>the screen like you get when you select shutdown from start. Which gives
>you a screeen with options to shutdown, restart restart in dos etc.

>Thanks

>--
>ICQ
>Dennis
>uni- 6743701

>Dennis Croll

Wed, 06 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Shutdown Windows95

Quote:
>Does anyone know how to shutdown windows from VB5. Is there a way to get to
>the screen like you get when you select shutdown from start. Which gives
>you a screeen with options to shutdown, restart restart in dos etc.

    Take a look in the Microsoft KB docs: Q142820 (VB 4)  or  Q161136 (VB
5).

David Serrano

http://www.ctv.es/USERS/fserrano

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Shutdown Windows95

Check out the Undocumented APIs on my site, code library, Win95 shell section.

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic
VBnet, The Visual Basic Developers Resource Centre
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/rasanen/vbnet/default.htm

:Does anyone know how to shutdown windows from VB5. Is there a way to get to
:the screen like you get when you select shutdown from start. Which gives
:you a screeen with options to shutdown, restart restart in dos etc.
:
:Thanks
:
:--
:ICQ
:Dennis
:uni- 6743701
:
:Dennis Croll

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Shutdown Windows95

Hello Dennis,
You can use ExitWindowsEx& to shut down windows.

Declaration:
Declare Function ExitWindowsEx& Lib "user32" (ByVal uFlags as Long, ByVal
dwReserved as Long)

Parameters:
uflags = EWX_SHUTDOWN or EWX_REBOOT
dwreserved = 0

Implement:
ExitWindowsEx EWX_SHUTDOWN, 0
Unload Me ''dont forget to put this, cause you should close your app before
shut down

hope this helps
All the Best

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help! ShutDown Windows95 using VB4

2. Unable to Shutdown Windows95 & reboot via WSH

3. Shutdown windows95 in VB?

4. How to Shutdown Windows95

5. Shutdown Windows95

6. windows95 shutdown/wait/restart?

7. Windows95 Shutdown

8. Intercepting Windows95 Shutdown

9. vb4-windows95 shutdown routine

10. Access97, VBA, Win32, API, Windows95: CreateEvent returns 0 with Windows95

11. Automatic Shutdown of Application when Windows is shutdown

12. Automatic shutdown of application when windows is shutdown