API to capture which mouse button is pressed.
Author Message
 API to capture which mouse button is pressed.

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there is a function to determine which mouse
button was pressed.  I know that most controls have a mousedown event and it
can be tested for there, but what about for controls that only have a click
event?

Thanks so much in advance...

Jennifer A. Campion
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 API to capture which mouse button is pressed.
Jennifer,

    You would need to subclass the control (replace the message handler
function with one of your own) and then you could intercept the messages
sent, the ones that you want being WM_LBUTTONDOWN, WM_RBUTTONDOWN, and
WM_MBUTTONDOWN.

--
                         - Nicholas Paldino

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Capture the user pressing minimize button

2. Capturing If user pressed max, min or normalize button on form

3. Disable Popup when Right Mouse Button Pressed

4. Simultaneously pressing a key and mouse-clicking a button on a toolbar

5. detecting what mouse button was pressed

6. Capturing Mouse Buttons.

7. Help with capturing the right mouse button?

8. Pressing Command Buttons through API

9. API to capture mouse movement

10. API to detect the mouse button that was clicked

11. Control mouse buttons by API call?

12. Disabling mouse button with API call