Getting Machine Information
Author Message
 Getting Machine Information

Hi
Is there a way to get the hardware information in Vb thru API calls ? I
need to know the MAC Address / IP address of my machine . Thanks in
advance.
Anand

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:11:17 GMT
 Getting Machine Information

Anand,

Check out these two pages.  I think they are what you are looking for...

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/network/macaddress.htm

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/network/ipaddress.htm

----
Hope this helps,
Mark

Quote:

> Hi
> Is there a way to get the hardware information in Vb thru API calls ? I
> need to know the MAC Address / IP address of my machine . Thanks in
> advance.
> Anand

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:02:11 GMT

1. Getting Domain/Local Machine information

2. Getting Domain/Local Machine information

3. Getting OS information of a network machine (2)

4. Getting OS information of a network machine

5. Getting a machine's MAC address given a NETBIOS machine name or IP address

6. Machine Information

7. Getting current machine name

8. Getting a username logged onto a remote machine

9. Getting method not supported error on SOME machines..

10. Getting client side machine's name.

11. Getting the time on a remote machine...

12. Getting IP address of current machine with VB5