Using 16 bit dlls in 32 bit VB5.0 - Help needed please
Author Message
 Using 16 bit dlls in 32 bit VB5.0 - Help needed please

Dear All,

I have a video grabber card that I wish to access via the MCI using
mmsystem.dll.  I only have VB5.0 which I believe only creates 32 bit apps

In view of the fact that win32 can run win16 apps and the card can be used
in win95 (albeit with a 16 bit app), is there any way of utilising the above 16
bit dll in my 32 bit app ?

Cheers,
--
David Bridges EDH, Dip Dent Hyg - Remove the nospam and . to use addresses
Proprietor - Netzone Dental Imaging

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using 16 bit dlls in 32 bit VB5.0 - Help needed please
Do a search for THUNKING in the M$ KB.

Good Luck!

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 18:42:48 +0100, David Bridges EDH

Quote:

>Dear All,

>I have a video grabber card that I wish to access via the MCI using
>mmsystem.dll.  I only have VB5.0 which I believe only creates 32 bit apps

>In view of the fact that win32 can run win16 apps and the card can be used
>in win95 (albeit with a 16 bit app), is there any way of utilising the above 16
>bit dll in my 32 bit app ?

>Cheers,

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using 16 bit dlls in 32 bit VB5.0 - Help needed please

Quote:
>Do a search for THUNKING in the M$ KB.

>Good Luck!

>On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 18:42:48 +0100, David Bridges EDH

>>Dear All,

>>I have a video grabber card that I wish to access via the MCI using
>>mmsystem.dll.  I only have VB5.0 which I believe only creates 32 bit apps

>>In view of the fact that win32 can run win16 apps and the card can be used
>>in win95 (albeit with a 16 bit app), is there any way of utilising the above 16
>>bit dll in my 32 bit app ?

Right!  I've done that and found that I have to use winmm.dll as a wrapper
for mmsystem.dll.  On running my app, I get "not an MCI command" and
"Problem with your media device" as in the app cant see it.  This suggests
a syntax{*filter*}up.  Where can I find what commands are in winmm.dll and
the syntax for them ??

Thanks
--
David Bridges EDH, Dip Dent Hyg - Remove the nospam and . to use addresses
Proprietor - Netzone Dental Imaging
.........Putting You in the Picture

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Callingl a 16-bit DLL from VB5 or 6 (32-Bit)

2. Calling 16 bit DLL's in VB5 ENV(32 bit)

3. Callingl a 16-bit DLL from VB5 or 6 (32-Bit)

4. 16 bit dll's in VB5.0 (32 bit) apps

5. Need to write 32-bit DLL to do 16-bit calls to a software interrupt

6. Using 16-bit dll's in 32-bit VB

7. Using 16-bit DLL in 32-bit

8. corruption of 16 bit db when used by both 16 and 32 bit apps

9. Help..-NT 4.0-ISA access with 16 Bit GFA and 32 Bit DLL

10. HELP: VB4-16 bit to VB5-32 bit problem

11. Need help calling 16-bit app from 32-bit app