Hide an app from the task list
Author Message
 Hide an app from the task list

Hi,

Can anyone tell my how to hide my console app from the task list? It has no
windows, and never actually creates a console. I don't want it to show up on
the list that appears when the user hits CTL-ALT-DEL.

Please CC any replies to the email address below, and thanks in advance,

Dan Moran

Mon, 09 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide an app from the task list

Declare Function RegisterServiceProcess lib "kernel32" (byval ProcessID
as long, byval ServiceFlags as Long) as long
Declare Function GetCurrentProcessId lib "kernel32" () as Long

ServiceFlags: 0 means unregister as a service, 1 means to register.

ret = RegisterServiceProcess (GetCurrentProcessId, 1)

When you register the service process it becomes hidden.

ret = RegisterServiceProcess (GetCurrentProcessId, 0)

And the unhidden when you unregister it when you're finished with hiding
it.

Tue, 10 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hiding VB5 app from NT task list.

2. Hiding VB5 app from NT task list.

3. Answer: How to hide your app from the Task List

4. How do I hide app icon but still show app in task list

5. Hide app from "End Task" list

6. Launching Multiple threads from VB app / hide process in task list

7. Cheallenge :- Hide app from NT task list...

8. hiding VB5 app from task list

9. Hiding app from Task List

10. Hide app from task list

11. Hiding Task ID in Task List