GetModuleUsage problems in VB4-16
Author Message
 GetModuleUsage problems in VB4-16

I'm having problems using the GetModuleUsage API with VB4-16 on a
machine running Win95B.  The problem is that hProgramInstance is
frequently returning numbers too large to be handled as plain integers
and I get an Overflow error message when I try to run
GetModuleUsage(hProgramInstance).  I tried changing from Dim
hProgramInstance As Integer to Dim hProgramInstance As Long to no
avail.  I changed the declaration of GetModuleUsage to Declare Function
GetModuleUsage% Lib "Kernel" (ByVal hModule&) but I still get a bad DLL
calling convention.  Is there any way around this apparent catch-22?

Here is what I'm trying to do with GetModuleUsage:

      hProgramInstance = Shell(sCommandLine, vbMinimizedNoFocus)
      Do While GetModuleUsage(hProgramInstance) > 0
--
Please remove what's between Eric and Goforth in my address.

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. shell and getModuleUsage in VB4/16

2. VB4 16 Bit GetModuleUsage

3. 32 bit equivalent of 16 bit API call GetModuleUsage

4. GetModuleUsage & VB 16 bit (under Windows 95)

5. Btrieve & VB4 16-Bit problems

6. Strange problem with VB4(16 bit)

7. locking problem vb4 - 16 bit

8. VB4-16 & Oracle connection problem

9. VB4(16) & Sybase System 10 OpenRecordset problem

10. VB4.0 (16 bit) and Access 2.0 problem

11. problem: vb4 16-bit data control dropdown listbox

12. problem:vb4 16-bit, sql server 6.0 via odbc, data control