A Q on ControlBox
Author Message
 A Q on ControlBox

Does any one know an API to change the Controlbox properties?  So instead
of
Restore
Move
Size
Minimize
Maximize
-
Close
I'd like to add others like About.  I am using VB 3 but I have VB 5 laying
about.  Unopened too, but I have to use Win3.1 some of the time so I prefer
using VB3.
A sample would be nice.

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 A Q on ControlBox

M. Armsby,

Quote:
>Does any one know an API to change the Controlbox properties?  So instead
>of
>Restore
>Move
>Size
>Minimize
>Maximize
>-
>Close
>I'd like to add others like About.  I am using VB 3 but I have VB 5 laying
>about.  Unopened too, but I have to use Win3.1 some of the time so I prefer
>using VB3.

You can use the API to add new commands to the system menu. However, you'll
need to subclass the window in order to respond to those commands.

The subcls.zip (16-bit) and subcls32.zip (32-bit) contain subclassing demos
including an example to add and respond to a new command in the system menu.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. A97 Wizard Qs

2. Newbie Qs: Optimizing Stylesheet with Fields

3. Qs on applying style

4. Qs on applying style (word2000)

5. connect to robohelp qs

6. VERBATUM EXAM Qs 91947